Add a 6-way mirror and a spacious, well-lit dressing room, an Elle Tahari dress that was true to size, and a$25 gift certificate and I stepped out of the store, with the first new dress I've purchased in years.
DH seemed delighted to discover I'd done this. And the dress was whisked into my closet where it was to remain top secret until our wedding anniversary in August. And then, as things turned out, we didn't go anywhere that required dressing up. So the photos below are there because I promised on Friday
I like the colors and the cut of the dress, with a waist line somewhere between an empire and a natural waist. And I'm sure it will be worn...sometime next spring. Purple has begun to proliferate in my wardrobe.
Late in July, Lisa at Dangerous Curves and then, more recently, Pao at Project Minima have both blessed me with awards. So, I have lots of questions to answer and Liebsters to pass on.
Eleven things about myself.
1. I only purchase one fashion magazine a year--September Vogue.
2. I don't dream very often.
3. I have always considered my mother my greatest resource.
4. DH and I are an unlikely pair and yet, perfectly matched. We are often mistaken for brother and sister.
5. I drive a Miata convertible.
6. I live in what once was an old funeral home.
7. I have a blended brood of 8 children and 8 grandchildren.
8. I once mooned a comedian in a stand-up comedy club.
9. My picture has been in People magazine.
10. My quirk is cleaning my ears, multiple times a day.
11. I am a blue voter in a decidedly red state.
Answering Lisa and Pao's questions--
1. What's with the #11? I'm drawing a blank...
2. How do you have fun? Family gatherings, reading, writing, thrifting.
3. gray or au naturale? I'm au naturale, but more than once I've wanted to dye my hair a platinum white and get this greying process over with!
4. Where was your first vacation as an adult, i.e., not with your parents!? I spent a summer working as a maid at Old Faithful. My mother came to get me, as she was afraid I would not return when the summer ended. And while she was there, I was 'detained' for skinny dipping in an off limits geyser pool.
5. Do you "have" a song? "Baby Love" by the Supremes always gets me movin'. I loved the Detroit sound when I was supposed to be a hippy.
6. Fidget or meditate? Hm, a bit of both actually. I'm a zombie for the first hour of the day.
7. What age were you when you first did it? Did what?
8. Is a cell phone really necessary? No. We keep a cell phone only for traveling purposes.
9. mini, midi, or maxi? midi
10. What do you know now? I love the seeming wisdom of being older and wiser. I would not be painfully young even if I could.
11. What do you wish you knew? Whether retiring in May is folly. I'm obliged to decide by December.
And my nominees for Liebsters would be:
1. Meg at Meg's Ragged Edge
2. Dani at No Guilt Fashion
3. Stacy at One Owl Obsessed
4. Narda at Pink Calico
5. Erin at Pretty, Polished, Perfect
6. Devyn at Mavyn Mom
7. Diane at The Blue Ridge Gal
8. Veshoevius at The Taxonomy of my Wardrobe
9. Bella at The Citizen Rosebud
10. Stef at The Dashing Eccentric
11. Ana at She's Addicted to Clothes
And my eleven questions would be--
1. If you could change just one thing about our world, what would it be?
2. What is your earliest memory?
3. What is your pet peeve?
4. What is a nickname you'd rather we didn't know?
5. What famous person would you like to meet?
6. Who knows you best?
7. What will be the title of your memoir?
8. What item of clothing would you NEVER wear?
9. What makes you cry?
10. What's the top item on your bucket list?
11. What time do you get up in the morning?
To recap, here are the rules:
1. The new nominee must post 11 things about him/herself.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who gave you the award.
3. Choose 11 new nominees and link them in your post.
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you've nominated.
5. Go and tell them that they've been nominated.6. No tags back!
I'm joining everyone for Visible Monday this week. Check all of us out at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style.